Pigmented spots may occur since birth, though more often it happens after prolonged exposure to UV radiation. This is due to the fact that melanin is activated by radiation. Pigmented lesions occur in 90% of women aged 20-40 years, most often during pregnancy or as a consequence of hormonal changes due to other factors.Pigmented lesions usually appear on the face: the cheeks, upper arms and forearms. In addition to the afore-mentioned causes, they are caused by hereditary factors, which means that you need to be especially careful with the sun if your ancestors had the pigmentation spots – the likelihood of becoming pigmented yourself is pretty high.
The reason for lesions may include the following:
- aggressive factors of the environment;
- Patient’s metabolic features;
- the presence of various gynecological diseases;
- the presence of gastrointestinal and liver diseases;
- age-related peculiarities;
- vitamin C deficiency.
In the body center, a specialist performs anti-pigmentation treatment, using micro-needles. The skin is opened through the micro-wounds and a special pigment-reducing and preventative treatment cocktail is applied.
The advantages of micro-needle treatment for pigmentation spots:
- less painless or less skin damaging method;
- higher needling frequency, 10x more effective;
- the outer / protective layers of the skin remain undamaged;
- easier access to small areas (eye area, lip area, nose, ear area, scars, deep wrinkles).
- Sunbathing, visiting sun-parlour or using self-tanning stuff is banned 2 weeks before and after the procedure.
After the procedure:
- Avoid applying makeup for 12 hours
- Avoid consuming alcohol for 24 hours
- avoid sauna and swimming pool during 1 week
- avoid strong facial procedures during two weeks
active herpes, warts
active acne, skin infection/inflammation or dartre
Isotretinoin (Roaccutane), azelaic acid, glycol acid, Retin – A, benzoic peroxide and other acne treatment courses
Chemical or radiation treatment
rosacea II-IV degree
eczema, dermatitis, active psoriasis or actinic keratosis
recent surgery (consult a doctor!)
Creams and masks are such treatments that people can use at home. We recommend using aesthetic medical creams Skinclinic Melanic Daily, M Cream and the sun/protective Skinclinic SYL 100 SPF 50+ for pigmentation prevention. All products can be bought at BodyShop (KehaPood) shops.
The recommended treatment course is 6-8 times. Come to a free consultation to plan an individual treatment scheme.